Personnel Resources is seeking a Systems Operator for a well respected client here in Rochester, MN!! They offer PERA Retirement, 401K option, and GREAT health benefits! We are looking for LOCAL candidates only.
Nature of Work:
Under direct supervision and with guidance, operates and maintains high pressure steam heating and electric generating equipment at a refuse-fired cogeneration facility on an assigned shift.
- Rotating shift (Days/Nights)
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in the operation and maintenance of high-pressure steam and electric power generation systems.
- Experience in resource recovery desirable.
- Possession of a valid Minnesota Second Class A (2A) Stationary Engineers License, or higher
- Must obtain MPCA Provisional Waste Combustor Operator certification within six (6) months of employment
- Successful completion of the Systems Operator 1 Skills Requirements within evaluation period
- This position provides a career path. Provided the applicant meets Contractual certifications, licensing and time served the applicant may be eligible to be promoted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Some knowledge of the principles and practices involved in the operation and maintenance of high pressure boilers, furnaces and related support equipment
- Some knowledge of the principles and practices involved in the operation and paralleling of electric generation equipment
- Some knowledge of the operation of refuses and conventionally fire furnaces
- Working ability to determine the nature and extent of system malfunction and take remedial action
- Ability to read and record data from gauges, meters and microprocessor based data acquisition systems and accurately interpret such data
- Ability to act quickly and calmly in emergency situations
- Ability to work with computer-based facility control and equipment maintenance systems
- Ability to understand and comply with written and verbal operating procedures and instructions
Examples of Work:
- Operates a refuse feed crane and maintains proper refuse storage pit conditions
- Operates auxiliary equipment including pumps, heat exchangers, ash conveyors and condensers
- Assists in maintaining the operating log of all power plant parameters on the shift
- Assists in the operation and maintenance of stokers, fans, hydraulic systems, ash control systems, and pollution control systems associated with a refuse or conventionally fired boiler
- Assists in the operation of makeup water purification equipment
- Assists in the completion of necessary reports and records related to the monitoring and maintenance of equipment
- Monitors and controls refuse tipping floor operations
- Assists in the operation of high voltage electric generation and distribution equipment
- Conducts preventative maintenance tasks as assigned
- Performs miscellaneous housekeeping in and around the work area
- Performs other related work as assigned
In compliance w/ the Americans with Disabilities Act the following represents the Physical/Environmental Demands: This position requires a majority of time spent sitting and walking as well as lifting. This is a rotating shift position. Weights of objects to be lifted, carried, pushed or pulled vary from ten (10) to fifty (50) pounds. Tools and equipment may be up to 20 feet in length and a variety of dimensions. Climbing of stairs and ladders is essential. Movements such as stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, twisting and bending are often necessary. Other movements such as reaching and handling of materials are also required. Audio, visual and verbal functions are vital aspects of this position as well as the ability to operate a motor vehicle, forklift and other various types of equipment. The workday is spent indoors with exposure to dust, fumes, noise, heights, glare/improper illumination and extreme heat as well as some exposure to extreme cold. Use of a respirator may be required. ** Persons with disabilities: The above is a general listing of job duties. Essential and non-essential functions may vary by individual position. Reasonable accommodations may be available for both essential and non-essential job duties.