Assistant Manager of Research and Development
Jackson County, FL 32432
We have a direct hire opening for an Assistant Manager of Research and Development in the Marianna, FL area. The Assistant Manager for Research and Development provides leadership and management for development and implementation of cost-effective methods for the companies products.
The responsibilities of the Research and Development Department include, but are not limited to:
- initiating tissue culture
- developing laboratory protocols
- ensuring quality control
- Planning and executing tests of media and technologies to improve development and production output
- Developing and documenting tissue culture protocols for successful propagation
- Nutrient media and other cultural evaluations
- Prepares plant tissue culture and microbiological media
- Participates in general operation and maintenance of the laboratory
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred Masters degree in plant science
- Experience and/or formal education in plant tissue culture
- Preferred three years experience in plant tissue culture and/or similar time in supervisory role in horticultural industry
- Organization, managerial, interpersonal, and ability to apply computer skills
- Standing, sitting, lying down, etc.
- Walking, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, bending over, etc. and the use of arms, legs, hands, and fingers
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds
Meet Your Recruiter
Anna Brooke Phillips
Through commitment to her Personnel Resources team, Anna Brooke leads our operations department with skills in recruiting, management, human resources, and sales. A true southern belle with a double name who was born and raised in Dothan, AI. After attending Wallace College she ventured in to the staffing world and found her niche at the age of 21. Now having over a decade of experience in recruiting and leadership, she sets the bar high to meet and exceed her candidate and clients expectations. In January of 2014 Anna Brooke took her Human Resources knowledge to the next level by obtaining her PHR. When Anna Brooke is not guiding her team to make the next great placement she enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 boys, using her creative side to paint and refinish furniture, and being involved in church and nonprofit groups.