Troy, AL 36081
The Buyer seeks to obtain the highest quality merchandise at the best possible total cost to the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties of the Buyer includes but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate suppliers on the basis of price, quality, service, support, availability, reliability, and selection.
- Review catalogs, industry and company publications, directories, trade journals, and information available on the Internet to select the optimum product, provider, and/or price.
- Examine products and services, assess a supplier’s production and distribution capabilities, and discuss other technical and business considerations that influence the purchasing decision.
- Conducts annual line reviews of major purchase items to examine opportunities with other vendors to gain better pricing.
- Once all necessary information on suppliers is gathered and evaluated, orders are placed and contracts are awarded to those suppliers who meet the company’s needs. Obtain approval for purchases exceeding the dollar limits authorized for the position.
- Place orders within the Macola System, Prioritize or expedite deliveries as required. Process receipts within the Macola system and resolve inventory discrepancies. Review with Accounts payable and resolve vendor invoice discrepancies. Track/move inventory within the Agility warehouse bin system.
- Track market conditions, price, trends and/or futures markets as they relate to the company’s current, or anticipated, material needs and services.
- Work closely with manufacturing managers and schedulers to gain consensus on purchases.
EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have high school degree, formal education beyond high school preferred. Must be computer literate, familiar with a Window’s environment and extremely adept at using Excel and the Internet. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with little direction while following complex assignments. Must be able to work under pressure. Must have the ability to analyze technical data, have good communication, negotiation and mathematical skills, knowledge of supply chain management and the ability to perform financial analyses.
APICS Production and Inventory Management certification (CPIM), or educational/experience equivalent.
Computer experience: 5 or more years required.
3-5 years’ experience as a buyer or similar role required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Anna Brooke Phillips
Through commitment to her Personnel Resources team, Anna Brooke leads our operations department with skills in recruiting, management, human resources, and sales. A true southern belle with a double name who was born and raised in Dothan, AI. After attending Wallace College she ventured in to the staffing world and found her niche at the age of 21. Now having over a decade of experience in recruiting and leadership, she sets the bar high to meet and exceed her candidate and clients expectations. In January of 2014 Anna Brooke took her Human Resources knowledge to the next level by obtaining her PHR. When Anna Brooke is not guiding her team to make the next great placement she enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 boys, using her creative side to paint and refinish furniture, and being involved in church and nonprofit groups.