Construction Observation Representative
Dothan, AL 36303
The Construction Observation Representative serves to ensure the constructed project conforms to the engineer’s specifications and plans. In this role, the Construction Observation Representative assists the Project Manager on projects of moderate size and complexity under limited supervision by monitoring contractor progress and performing certain quality control and contract administration functions.
Essential Functions include:
- Able to read and interpret plans and have a good understanding of project specifications.
- Able to interpret “level” measurements and have an understanding of cut and fills and elevations for grades.
- Able to perform field measurements as directed using a wheel and tape measure for the purposes of keeping quantities.
- Show job responsibility for project specific quality system tasks.
- Perform Construction materials testing in accordance with project specifications and technical standards.
- Monitor contractor progress and conformance to plans and specifications on projects.
- Assist with documentation of construction projects and inspecting job activities to verify they are in compliance with project plans and specifications.
- Performs various contract administration functions as directed by the Project Manager.
- Assist with coordination of required project acceptance testing.
- Assist with materials inspection and acceptance prior to installation.
- Identify potential problems to the Project Manager and Contractor and keep project engineer and supervisor informed of progress on project.
- Assist with specific installation tasks, field measurements and other assigned duties.
- Attend various meetings as needed related to assigned construction projects.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and present a positive image when working with clients, contractors and the public.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with clients, agencies, etc.
- Assist with completion of daily report documenting labor and equipment used by contractor to include a description of work performed and any pertinent conversations with contractor.
- Assist with office work such as computing earthwork quantities.
- Assist with extensive written reports and documentation. Construction reports and logs are written and filed daily.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ years’ experience in construction inspection, surveying or highway materials testing and inspection is preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Email; Basic computer skills.
- Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Communication skills, orally and written.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Basic math skills to assist with measurements and computations of installed quantities.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customer, clients, contractors and employees of the organization.
Anna Brooke Phillips
Through commitment to her Personnel Resources team, Anna Brooke leads our operations department with skills in recruiting, management, human resources, and sales. A true southern belle with a double name who was born and raised in Dothan, AI. After attending Wallace College she ventured in to the staffing world and found her niche at the age of 21. Now having over a decade of experience in recruiting and leadership, she sets the bar high to meet and exceed her candidate and clients expectations. In January of 2014 Anna Brooke took her Human Resources knowledge to the next level by obtaining her PHR. When Anna Brooke is not guiding her team to make the next great placement she enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 boys, using her creative side to paint and refinish furniture, and being involved in church and nonprofit groups.