Direct Hire - Staff Accountant
Dothan, AL US
Personnel Resources has a client currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team at a local manufacturer. In this position you will be responsible for ensuring accurate financial recording and reporting, managing accounts payable and receivable, analyzing financial data, and providing support to the finance department. This position offers a competitive salary between $50-55k/year, a generous benefits package including comprehensive health insurance, simple IRA, and both short and long term disability, and will be working a day shift schedule. This is a Direct Hire position in the Dothan, AL area.
- Prepare and maintain accurate financial records, including general ledger entries, journal entries, and adjustments.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, reports, and budgets.
- Reconcile accounts to ensure accuracy and resolve discrepancies.
- Review and process invoices, purchase orders, and payment requests.
- Coordinate with vendors and internal departments to ensure timely and accurate payment processing.
- Monitor accounts receivable, follow up on outstanding invoices, and reconcile customer accounts.
- Analyze financial data, such as budgets, revenue, expenses, and cash flow, to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Prepare financial reports and variance analyses, providing insights and recommendations to management.
- Assist in forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, company policies, and relevant regulations.
- Assist with internal and external audits, providing necessary documentation and explanations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Previous experience in accounting or finance, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ERP software systems a plus, but not a requirement.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- German language skills an asset but not a requirement.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
For more information, please contact us at 334-794-8722.
Remember Personnel Resources never charges a fee to our employees. Don’t miss out on future job postings join our featured job alerts by clicking sign up under the Jobs section on our website. Enter your information, choose a category you are interested in and enter your email. As jobs are posted you will be the first notified by email to apply!
You can also keep up to date with jobs and giveaways on our social media platforms. Connect with us at:
Personnel Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Your Recruiter
Anna Brooke Phillips
Direct Hire Director
Anna Brooke is the Direct Placement Director for Personnel Resources. Anna Brooke started her career at Personnel Resources in 2006 and served as the Director of Operations from 2009-2018. Since stepping down from Director of Operations she has now ventured out as our first offsite recruiter specializing in all direct hire positions. Having a diverse background in recruiting, management, human resources, and sales gives her a solid understanding of what it takes to find a great employee. Whether your need be for an entry level employee or a more skilled C Suite executive she’s up for the challenge. Anna Brooke was born and raised in Dothan and has always had strong involvement in the Wiregrass community. After attending college, she ventured in to the staffing world and found her niche at the age of 21. Now having over a decade of experience in recruiting and leadership, she sets the bar high to meet and exceed her candidate and client’s expectations. In January of 2014 Anna Brooke took her Human Resources knowledge to the next level by obtaining her PHR and SHRM-CP certifications. She actively participates in continuing education for human resources and recruiting to ensure she is always current with the ever-changing human resources regulations. Anna Brooke is also actively involved with the local Wiregrass Human Resources Management Association where she serves as Vice President. When Anna Brooke is not working on her next great placement, she enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 boys, using her creative side to paint and refinish furniture, and being involved in church and nonprofit groups.