Job is located in Dothan, Al Relocation assistance is offered
Financial Analyst Job Responsibilities:
Analyzes financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data; recommending actions for leading manufacturing company.
Financial Analyst Job Duties:
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Financial Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel Skills
- JD Edwards experience preferred
- Proficiency with preparing and modeling financial ratios and analytics.
Corporate Finance, Developing Standards, Quality Management, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Cost Accounting, Statistical Analysis, Financial Planning and Strategy, Reporting Research Results, Requirements Analysis, Financial Skills