Human Resources Director
Enterprise, AL US
Personnel Resources is currently hiring for a Human Resources Director for the City of Enterprise Alabama. This position is responsible for directing the city’s human resources functions. The Human Resources Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization's mission and talent strategy.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization's goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Provides leadership with Human Resources metrics and updates on a monthly basis.
- Oversees the city’s personnel system and pay plans.
- Consults with department heads and supervisors with issues or questions related to personnel or pay.
- Assists in the development and oversight of the city’s safety program, including workers’ compensation and drug and alcohol testing.
- Oversees city payroll processes.
- Monitors current, newly adopted, and proposed legislation, rules and regulations and disseminates information to departments and staff regarding same; ensures city compliance with all relevant state and federal laws.
- Develops, reviews, and revises personnel policies and job descriptions.
- Trains, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates, and disciplines personnel.
- Coordinates and administers the drug and alcohol program, including random drug testing.
- Reviews vehicle accidents and accidents involving injuries; makes recommendations as needed.
- Receives and investigates complaints, grievances, or other employee related issues.
- Oversees the employee application and hiring process to include background checks and training.
- Prepares annual human resources budget and assists other departments with personnel budgets.
- Ensures the timely reporting to state and federal agencies.
- Coordinates voluntary benefits and schedules open enrollment.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Human Resources roles
- Certification as a Human Resources professional is preferred
- Experience with a local government is preferred