Troy, AL 36079
Personnel Resources has an immediate opening for a 3rd shift Machine Operator to work at a production facility in Troy, AL.
- Set up and operate blow molding machine to mold plastic products according to specifications: Turns valves to start flow of water and release air pressure to machine.
- Move machine controls to set timing unit and temperature of heating unit and start automatic feed mechanism.
- Adjust machine mandrel, blow pins, and other components using wrenches and tools.
- Monitor trimmers and other downstream equipment.
- Regrind excess material and unsatisfactory workpiece for reuse, using grinding machine.
- Weigh completed workpiece to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Ensure all process equipment functions safely, and accurately and meets cycle times and quality standards.
- Monitor all vital systems involved in the Blow Molding production process and make the necessary adjustments to meet quality/production standards
- Relieve other machine operators to assist with production when required.
- Assist Maintenance technicians in the repair and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- Ensure that all materials meet quality standards, and that there is no raw material loss through the set-up of handling and reclaim systems.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
- May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling.
- Due to the location of some equipment, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions to include extreme heat, humidity and cold
The hours of this position are M-F 10:00pm-6:00am, but must be flexible to work additional hours as needed.
High School Diploma or GED