Manufacturing Customer Service Representative
Dothan, AL 36305
Interact with customers, vendors and manufacturing to provide information on products and services, take and enter sales orders, provide quotes for sales, set delivery timing and shipping details, and expedite orders. Provides product and service advice to the sales force, distributors, engineering and manufacturing to resolve product issues regarding customer service and sales of products.
- Confer with customers to provide product information on products, take and enter orders, expedite or delay orders, provide accurate quotes, relay manufacturing and shipping costs and schedules, and handle customer complaints. Takes special pride in the recording of accurate product and customer information with no errors as a goal.
- Coordinate closely with Regional Sales Representatives on sales orders and requirements for new and existing customers. Understand and correctly apply special product discounts or multipliers.
- Coordinate with Purchasing and Accounting on the material and cost requirements and details for new or modified products and processes.
- Coordinate with the Manufacturing Department about orders in process to ensure accurate manufacturing and be aware of potential delays or other internal problems that could affect a customer’s order status.
- Direct specified manufacturing departments to fabricate, prepare, package and ship ordered products to designated locations according to a schedule.
- Have a clear understanding of the manufacturing and shipping processes and requirements for existing and new products and coordinate modified processes, new tools or equipment, and product flow.
- Interact with customers by computer, mail or telephone about order information, such as pricing and discounts, shipping dates, expediting requirements and anticipated delays.
- Prepare and process orders including specific customer requests, detailed product dimensions and product specifications to satisfy customer needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide customer feedback to Marketing and Engineering for product development or improvement or ideas for new product development.
- Provide feedback to Sales and Marketing Department and Manufacturing concerning order discrepancies or other failures to meet customer’s expectations. Establish corrective measures to eliminate repeated failures.
- Receive and respond to customer complaints. Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems. Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments, to include actions taken.
- Request and confer with specified manufacturing departments to fabricate, prepare, package, and ship ordered products to designated locations according to a schedule.
- Resolve customers’ service or billing complaints by performing activities such as replacing products, exchanging products, arranging product rework, refunding money and adjusting bills or other actions to ensure customer satisfaction and continued business.
- Solicit sales of new or additional products and promote products.
- Verify customer and order information for correctness, checking it against previously obtained information. Employee must understand customer and specification requirements and consistently ensure a quality and conforming product.
Must have previous experience working in a call center as a customer service representative taking orders
Previous Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
HSD/GED required Bachelors preferred
Anna Brooke Phillips
Through commitment to her Personnel Resources team, Anna Brooke leads our operations department with skills in recruiting, management, human resources, and sales. A true southern belle with a double name who was born and raised in Dothan, AI. After attending Wallace College she ventured in to the staffing world and found her niche at the age of 21. Now having over a decade of experience in recruiting and leadership, she sets the bar high to meet and exceed her candidate and clients expectations. In January of 2014 Anna Brooke took her Human Resources knowledge to the next level by obtaining her PHR. When Anna Brooke is not guiding her team to make the next great placement she enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 boys, using her creative side to paint and refinish furniture, and being involved in church and nonprofit groups.