Eye Center South is a diversified ophthalmology provider, offering medical and surgical eye care services throughout 12 locations in Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. Eye Center South services include cataract surgery, laser vision correction, glaucoma treatment, retinal care, diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration treatment, facial rejuvenation, Botox, and cosmetic surgery procedures on the face and around the eyes. In addition to ophthalmology procedures, the company also has an optometry service line, Denney Vision, that provides full-service eye and vision care with the largest selection of optical and sunglasses in the Southeast. Lastly, the company has ambulatory surgery centers at the Dothan and Albany locations.
Eye Center South is seeking a Marketing Director to oversee and coordinate our marketing efforts. This position requires a deep understanding of our market strategy, future growth plans and tactical industry best practices. We are intentional about the way we in which we expand our brand and we never compromise when it comes to our patients or our employees.
Given the importance of this key role in our organization, we are looking for a leader who is proficient in day to day operations and also has the ability to formulate big picture plans. You will need to be familiar with traditional and digital marketing channels-including but not limited to- branding, media relations, community partnerships, external communications, public relations, SEO, reputation management, social media presence, website development, and retail marketing. We are looking for a strategic thinker with a high level of creativity who understands how to prioritize and deploy messaging across a variety of channels.
- Ultimately responsible for marketing programs to help attract and retain patients in our practices
- Manage marketing budgets and timelines
- Analyze needs across a variety of geographies and socioeconomic markets
- Develop organic content to promote doctors and practice locations by facilitating interviews, capturing photographs, and recording videos
- Partner with agency to plan and deploy marketing campaigns around specific goals and initiatives
- Review and provide constructive feedback on work-products developed by graphic designers, copywriters and other creatives
- Collaborate with leadership to understand the role of new technologies, services, employees, and locations to appropriately message their value to the market
- Present campaign ideas and creative to leadership to solicit feedback which will be used to optimize work product and provide meaningful direction to creatives
- Build relationships with the local media and community partners to strengthen brand awareness
- Execute on internal marketing initiatives so that our staff members and in office collateral are also able to communicate what we are messaging externally
- Use a data driven approach to make marketing decisions after analyzing patient volume, market data and relevant trends.
The Right Candidate Possesses the Following Character Traits:
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Skills / Experience
- 5+ Years In Marketing
- Excellent Written Communication
o Must be a clear and proficient written communicator
o Should be able to tailor written communications to a variety of audiences – internally and externally
o Sales copywriting or blog copywriting experience is a plus
- Email Platform Technical and Analytical Proficiency
o Familiarity with tools like Mailchimp / Aweber / Constant Contact or similar
o Able to analyze and review platform reports and offer constructive direction
- Fluency with Social Platforms
o Familiarity with Facebook platform including business pages, groups, and ads manager
o Must be capable of posting appropriate content and different mediums (ie Live)
o Familiarity with Linked-In, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube is a plus
- Data Analysis
o Able to quickly and accurately arrive at conclusions reviewing platform reporting outputs
o Proficiency at intermediate level or higher with Microsoft Excel or related software (R/MS Access)
- Verbal Communication
o Ability to “interview” and engage patients or busy doctors for the purposes of content production
o Strength in asking insightful questions to gain deep level understanding of core issues or opportunities.
Optional, But Desired Skills:
- Creative design including photoshop, illustrator, or similar platform
- Media buying & negotiation
- Photography & video (behind the camera and editing)