Optical Office Manager
Montgomery, AL 36101
Job description: Office Manager
Leading optical office is seeking an exceptional Office Manager for our Montgomery, Alabama location. This position will be a key role and a member of the Leadership Team. This is a working management position that is responsible for overall office activities, oversees the day-to-day operational functions of two locations, ensuring that office policies and procedures are executed in a smooth and expeditious manner. Key responsibilities include developing a culture of excellence, personnel management, managing efficient patient flow, and office administrative duties along with further integrating the two locations into the direction set by the Board and Administration.
• Conduct daily analysis of needs and coaching of staff to create an environment of excellence for our patients.
• Create a professional environment where staff can grow and thrive in a continuously learning style environment.
• Continue the efforts to further assimilate these locations to match the standard processes and procedures of the other locations.
• Oversee all employees at physical locations in the Montgomery/Wetumpka Alabama area. Delegate duties to utilize staff at optimal efficiency; Address any behavioral issues as they arise.
• Directly supervise Technicians, Scribes, Surgical Coordinators, and Receptionists that are regularly scheduled at the location you manage.
• Efficiently schedule employees and monitor employee attendance and overtime.
• Communicate with other managers regarding workflow consistency and performance for staff that routinely float between offices.
• Monitor insurance and patient claims for accuracy in billing and coding.
• Conduct regular staff meetings to keep employees apprised of policy changes and/or updates.
• Be familiar with the duties of the Technical and Receptionist staff and be able to fill-in as necessary to facilitate patient workflow.
• Perform performance reviews for Screeners, Technicians, Scribes, Surgical Coordinators, and Receptionists regularly scheduled at the location you manage and meet with the Practice Administrator to discuss recommended raises, promotions and disciplinary actions.
• Create an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork.
• Maintains work operations by following compliance plan, policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues
• Attend manager meetings to present and resolve on-site/policy issues as they arise.
• Ensure all staff are well educated and have a full understanding of HIPAA regulations, protect patients protected data and report any suspected breaches to the HIPPA Compliance Officer.
Physicians and Patient Efficiency/flow:
• Manage the physician’s schedules to coordinate staffing to create efficient flow for all doctors practicing in Montgomery or Wetumpka Alabama
• Be situationally aware of patient flow and take real time corrective action to ensure that the practices are running efficiently
• Periodically monitor office physical environment and operations to gauge the effectiveness of security safeguards and best use of space.
• Works in collaboration with the practice Administrator or other members of the Leadership Team to coordinate minor office repairs, general and preventative maintenance including supplies such as light bulbs, furnace filters, batteries etc. Overall appearance of the office, window cleaning, office cleaning, carpet cleaning and landscaping.
• Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc. and contacts appropriate vendor or internal maintenance team for repairs or replacement.
• Contributes to administrative, strategic planning and quality assurance projects as needed to help enhance the overall operational efficiency.
• Communicates on a regular basis with Practice Administrator to provide progress reports on team Staff, customer service, and operational issues.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma Required
• BS or AAS Degree desired
• 5-10 years of experience working in a medical office preferred
• 3-5 years of prior experience working in an Ophthalmology/Optometry office required
• 5-7 years of previous supervisory experience is preferred
• Certified Ophthalmic Assistant designation is desired
• 3+ years of prior experience working as an Ophthalmic Technician and/or Scribe is desired
• General Knowledge of Information Technology, Networking and Office Equipment
Desired and Necessary Skills and Abilities:
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Strong team oriented individual
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Professional appearance and manner
• Computer literacy, specifically MS Word, Excel & Outlook for Windows
• Strong Knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR) Applications
• Ability to manage and develop staff
• General knowledge of HIPAA Privacy & Medical Office Regulatory Compliance Requirements
• Working Knowledge of Ophthalmology Diagnostic Testing Equipment
• Problem analysis, decision making & problem resolution skills
• Ability to manage difficult situations with a calm and deescalating mannerisms.
• Strong Leadership and Team Building skills
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
Health Insurance- Dental Insurance – 401k with Profit sharing component, flexible spending accounts, PTO, paid holidays and more
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- 2+ years of optometry leadership experience.
- Strong Staff development skills
- Ability to deliver strong concise and clear direction from practice leadership
- Communicate effectively with the doctors, staff, and patients
- Experience with optical testing.
- Experience working as a technician strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage patient flow and identify and correct problem areas.
This position will work out of Dothan, Al location. Relocation assistance may be offered.
Only candidates with previous experience managing the clinic side of an optical office will be considered
Anna Brooke Phillips
Through commitment to her Personnel Resources team, Anna Brooke leads our operations department with skills in recruiting, management, human resources, and sales. A true southern belle with a double name who was born and raised in Dothan, AI. After attending Wallace College she ventured in to the staffing world and found her niche at the age of 21. Now having over a decade of experience in recruiting and leadership, she sets the bar high to meet and exceed her candidate and clients expectations. In January of 2014 Anna Brooke took her Human Resources knowledge to the next level by obtaining her PHR. When Anna Brooke is not guiding her team to make the next great placement she enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 boys, using her creative side to paint and refinish furniture, and being involved in church and nonprofit groups.