Production Setup Machinist Lead
The Production Setup Position (Lead) reports directly to the Production Supervisor for their assigned shift and is directly responsible for the setup, adjustment, operation and maintenance of RCI machinery to include punch presses, fabricators, press brakes, rollers and various other pieces of fabricating equipment as required to manufacture parts requiring close tolerances.
- Meet Performance Review objectives.
- Assure compliance with safety standards throughout all production processes.
- Assure compliance with all quality standards throughout all production processes.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, reports and work instructions as required.
- Setup, adjust, operate and maintain machine tools with limited supervision.
- When required, act as the Fill-In Supervisor to manage the production lines and maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment and monitoring personnel.
- Perform basic equipment and assembly failure analysis and act accordingly to implement troubleshooting actions to bring equipment back into compliance.
- Consult with Quality Assurance regarding accept or reject criteria on components and final assembly.
- Operate various hand tools, power tools and machine tools to make final adjustments to products and processes as needed to maintain quality product production.
- Troubleshoot Operating, material or tooling issues and recommend/implement corrective actions.
- Perform general preventive maintenance work on tools and equipment.
- Process all necessary documentation and paperwork for processes as required.
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures.
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations.
- Experience in a low-volume manufacturing or fabrication environment.
- Strong problem solving skills with experience in mechanical or electrical manufacturing environments.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and apply basic algebraic principles.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents such as blueprints, schematics, operating, maintenance and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write standard documentation.
- Ability to lift 1-39lbs intermittently and occasionally 50-70lbs at table height.
- Drive a forklift or follow training to obtain a forklift license.
- PC literate with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Professional and positive approach
- Self- motivated
- Strong communication skills and comfortable communicating at all levels.
- Team Player, yet able to work on own initiative.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 3-years manufacturing management/supervisory experience required.
- Prior water jet operation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Please apply today by submitting your resume to Mary at email@example.com
Mary has more than 18 + years of talent acquisition experience spanning across Executive Search, Technical Staffing, Professional Staffing, and Industrial Recruiting in Warehousing, Manufacturing, Medical and Healthcare environments. She enjoys supporting companies of all sizes, from global billion dollar public companies to the next great startup. Her key strengths include delivering successful hires while providing the most cost effective recruiting support and processes. She has always had the vision and ability to nurture relationships that lead to long-term solutions and success. She enjoys living life to the fullest and loves humor. She has four amazing children that she enjoys to travel and spend time with. She believes in success through hard work and dedication and her motto in life is "If you want something, work hard and you will achieve it; there are no short cuts.