Substance Abuse Facility Director
Dothan, AL US
Personnel Resources has a client with an immediate opening for a Director of a local substance abuse facility in Dothan, AL. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the operations, strategic planning, and overall management of the facility. This includes providing leadership to staff, ensuring high-quality patient care and treatment, implementing policies and procedures, and maintaining compliance with regulatory standards.
This position has a starting salary of $70,000 per year and will be working Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm schedule. They will require on-call status to include nights, weekends and holidays based on program needs.
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Develop and implement strategic plans to enhance the quality and effectiveness of day to day operations at the facility
- Provide leadership and guidance to a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, including psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, nurses, and support staff
- Ensure that all staff members adhere to ethical standards and follow best practices in patient care while operating in compliance with the Alabama Department of Mental Health Substance Abuse Division
- Foster a positive work environment that promotes collaboration, growth, and professional development for all employees
- Oversee the management of resources, including budgets, staffing levels, equipment, and supplies
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, such as government agencies, community organizations, and other healthcare providers to improve access to mental health services
- A Master's or Doctoral degree in psychology or a related field (e.g., counseling, social work) is required
- Successful completion of a clinical practicum and/or a substance abuse counselor certification credential from the Alabama Association of Addiction Counselors, National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors, Alabama Alcohol and Drug Association or International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse, Inc
- Must be willing to obtain substance abuse counselor within 2 years if not already certified
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in substance abuse and 1 year supervisory experience
- Must possess a valid driver license with good MVR
- Must be free from alcohol/drug related misdemeanors and felonies for the previous 3 years. If in recovery, must have a minimum of 3 verifiable years sobriety.
- Licensure in the state of Alabama as a Professional Counselor, Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Marriage and Family Therapist, Clinical Psychologist, Physician's Assistant or Physician
- Minimum of 5 years post masters substance abuse experience
- 2 years supervisory experience.
For more information, please contact us at 334-794-8722.
Personnel Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Your Recruiter
Anna Brooke Phillips
Direct Hire Director
Anna Brooke is the Direct Placement Director for Personnel Resources. Anna Brooke started her career at Personnel Resources in 2006 and served as the Director of Operations from 2009-2018. Since stepping down from Director of Operations she has now ventured out as our first offsite recruiter specializing in all direct hire positions. Having a diverse background in recruiting, management, human resources, and sales gives her a solid understanding of what it takes to find a great employee. Whether your need be for an entry level employee or a more skilled C Suite executive she’s up for the challenge. Anna Brooke was born and raised in Dothan and has always had strong involvement in the Wiregrass community. After attending college, she ventured in to the staffing world and found her niche at the age of 21. Now having over a decade of experience in recruiting and leadership, she sets the bar high to meet and exceed her candidate and client’s expectations. In January of 2014 Anna Brooke took her Human Resources knowledge to the next level by obtaining her PHR and SHRM-CP certifications. She actively participates in continuing education for human resources and recruiting to ensure she is always current with the ever-changing human resources regulations. Anna Brooke is also actively involved with the local Wiregrass Human Resources Management Association where she serves as Vice President. When Anna Brooke is not working on her next great placement, she enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 boys, using her creative side to paint and refinish furniture, and being involved in church and nonprofit groups.