Tool and Die Technician
Dothan, AL 36303
Leading manufacturing company in the Wiregrass Area is seeking to hire a Tool and Die Technician.
Supports product manufacturing by constructing and repairing dies; machining parts.
* Develops die function and structure by studying blueprints of die, product, and prototypes; applying knowledge of material under stress, machining and assembly methods, and mathematics.
* Machines parts by measuring, marking, and scribing stock; setting up and operating lathe, mill, radial drill, shaper, grinder, etc.
* Confirms parts by comparing measurements to specifications.
* Assembles die by shaping, smoothing, and fitting parts with grinders, files, stones, etc.
* Confirms assembly by verifying dimensions, clearances, and alignment of parts and components with micrometers, thickness gauges, gauge blocks, dial indicators, etc.
* Completes assembly by bolting and doweling parts and components together with hammers, wrenches, etc.; connecting wiring and hydraulic lines.
* Confirms performance of die by installing die; inspecting operation of die; making adjustments; comparing finished product to specifications.
* Resolves assembly problems by altering assembly to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains supplies inventory by checking supplies to determine amount available; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Documents actions by completing logs.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Must have previous experience to be considered for this opening.