Tool and Die Technician
Dothan, AL 36303
Leading manufacturing company in the Wiregrass Area is seeking to hire a Tool and Die Technician.
Supports product manufacturing by constructing and repairing dies; machining parts.
* Develops die function and structure by studying blueprints of die, product, and prototypes; applying knowledge of material under stress, machining and assembly methods, and mathematics.
* Machines parts by measuring, marking, and scribing stock; setting up and operating lathe, mill, radial drill, shaper, grinder, etc.
* Confirms parts by comparing measurements to specifications.
* Assembles die by shaping, smoothing, and fitting parts with grinders, files, stones, etc.
* Confirms assembly by verifying dimensions, clearances, and alignment of parts and components with micrometers, thickness gauges, gauge blocks, dial indicators, etc.
* Completes assembly by bolting and doweling parts and components together with hammers, wrenches, etc.; connecting wiring and hydraulic lines.
* Confirms performance of die by installing die; inspecting operation of die; making adjustments; comparing finished product to specifications.
* Resolves assembly problems by altering assembly to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains supplies inventory by checking supplies to determine amount available; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Documents actions by completing logs.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Must have previous experience to be considered for this opening.
Anna Brooke Phillips
Through commitment to her Personnel Resources team, Anna Brooke leads our operations department with skills in recruiting, management, human resources, and sales. A true southern belle with a double name who was born and raised in Dothan, AI. After attending Wallace College she ventured in to the staffing world and found her niche at the age of 21. Now having over a decade of experience in recruiting and leadership, she sets the bar high to meet and exceed her candidate and clients expectations. In January of 2014 Anna Brooke took her Human Resources knowledge to the next level by obtaining her PHR. When Anna Brooke is not guiding her team to make the next great placement she enjoys spending time with her husband and 2 boys, using her creative side to paint and refinish furniture, and being involved in church and nonprofit groups.